Add to favorites
Rating: 4.5 (502,988) Cost: Free Downloads: 50,000,000 - 100,000,000
- Drive 50 officially licensed cars, from hot hatches to american muscle to 1000HP supercars
- Buy your dream car, install performance upgrades and show your skills in 1/4 or 1/2 mile races
- Challenge millions of racers online: race 1 on 1, drive your opponent's car, or participate in real-time 10-player races in Pro League
LOTS OF CARS:
Would you pick Nissan Skyline R34, a 69' Mustang, or a brand new BMW M3 as your ultimate driving machine? Do you dream about seeing 1000 HP exotics pushed to the limit on a drag strip? This game includes virtually every sports car for you to enjoy.
Do you think racing in a straight line is easy? Try to find the right balance between power and grip while staying in your class. Add nitrous oxide for more fun, but don't push the button too early. Go deeper and adjust gear ratios to shave off precious milliseconds. Think you can challenge a world record or win 10 tournaments in a row? Welcome aboard.
Racing on your own may be fun enough, but the ultimate challenge is in the "Online" section. Go head-to-head against your friends or random racers, beat them while driving their own cars, or race against 9 players at once in real-time competitions. Join a team to exchange tunes, discuss strategy and share your achievements.
TRY THIS ONE:
- Drag Racing: Bike Edition - the long-awaited extension with 17 sportbikes, brand new game modes, upgrades and WHEELIES!
REVIEWS IN THE PRESS:
Named among 10 best Android games of 2011 by NY Times blog!
"With so many cars to choose from, a virtually unlimited pool of opponents, and so many parts to upgrade, we think you'll love it."
- Jaymar Cabebe, CNET.com
"Mega-addictive and with bags of longevity to boot. Drag racing is a well-conceived, well executed racer that’ll keep petrolheads coming back for more."
- Michael Brook, Life of Android
0. Updating the game
- Your cars and money are saved on your device. DO NOT EVER uninstall the game before updating, or you will lose ALL of your stuff.
- Launch and shift when the dashboard indicator turns blue or green
- If there is too much wheelspin, you are not going anywhere - watch the orange indicator on your dashboard
- Once you learn how to drive properly, ignore the lights and find your own winning strategy
- Nitrous is more effective on underpowered cars with lots of grip. Timing is crucial!
2. Cars and upgrades
- Test drive before you buy a car!
- The more your car costs, the tougher opposition you'll face both offline and online
- Upgrades count towards increasing car cost/level, while tuning doesn't
- Keep your car cost just under your level cap to get an advantage
- Adjusting gear ratios (Garage -> Upgrade -> Tune) is costly, but lets you achieve times that are impossible on stock settings
3. Game modes and winnings
- Race against beginner/amateur AI to get some quick cash and build your car
- Defeat bosses and unlock achievements for extra RP
- Go online and race against others to earn maximum cash/RP
- If your car isn't ready for online races, earn some cash in "Drivers Battle"
- For the ultimate challenge, race against top players in Pro League
- Like http://facebook.com/DragRacingGame for news and strategy
- Visit the official forums: http://www.dragracingforum.net
- Try playing with vibration on (enable it in the "Settings" menu)!
- If the game runs slow on your phone, use the task manager to kill unnecessary background tasks
- XPERIA PLAY Optimized
Audionut - 2011-06-01
This is a great game at the start. But it soon becomes very repetitive in later stages due to lack of decent cash races. I've got a level 7 car that requires me to win 18 races just to upgrade to engine once. Combined with all the other upgrades, that's a crap load of races you have to win just to do some upgrades. Really needs some bigger cash events.
Paul - 2011-05-23
Very fun game, similar to ted line but better. It uses filter system on car levels, so those can't find the better cars, change the filter.
Cory - 2011-06-01
last update made my cars even faster without any changes. it is a little buggy though. had it feeze up on me a few times. otherwise its awesome!
Zulk - 2011-06-30
Would have been great if I could challange my friends via bluetooth or something. Either way it's an awesome game...can't wait for the bike update..!!
Cliff - 2011-09-01
I love the different cars and their realistic driving conditions! Vibrations add to the feel of the game. Highly Recommended!
monkeywrench - 2011-06-14
then got suuuuuper slow and never recovered, even after restart. Bad saving/loading interface too. Samsung Captivate.
Dale - 2011-06-16
Awesome and fun game to play. Only question I have is has anyone else beat all 10 levels on both tracks? And if so whats next?
Kevin - 2011-05-10
The Best Game all my friends play this game can't wait for online names ..... that's gonna be awesome! Kevin from DC LOOK OUT FOR ME ONLINE.. (MARK 8)
John - 2011-08-26
The game has come a long way since I started playing. Can't believe how crisp the graphics are and how smoothly everything runs. Great job guys!
Jae - 2011-05-21
Simple Game , Reminds me abit of Nitto1320 if any fluent race gamers know. It is simply addicting and Amazing. I have no troubles running this game on my Evo Shift (Root). Works wonderful, No problem making my profile, My cars Save and I have had 0 trouble with this game. If you Like Cars you will like this.
Filed Under: Arcade & Action