Add to favorites
Rating: 4.8 (38,623) Cost: $2.99 Downloads: 500,000 - 1,000,000
The long-awaited hit game comes to Android! Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators! Winner of multiple "Game of the Year" awards, Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic soundtrack of ambient electronica. Ready to evolve?
- This single version is optimized for both tablets and phones. Enjoy on all your Android devices. (Requires multitouch and 2.2 or higher. For more info, please visit http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-android/#tech_devices)
- Multitouch awesomeness: pinch to zoom, tap to eject mass, flick to warp time...
- Unique physics-based gameplay: to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
- Two game modes: Odyssey and Arcade. Odyssey mode is a 27-level guided tour through the Osmos Blobiverse, while Arcade mode allows you to play any level type at your choice of difficulty. (72 levels total.)
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
- Eight Distinct level types: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Impasse, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and Repulsor.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more.
- Wind your way through simple and complex solar systems, feeling and using the force of Attractors and Repulsors.
- Confront four distinct personalities of intelligent opponents, with goals and abilities similar to your own.
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
- Thirteen lucky achievements to earn.
- Winner of multiple "Game of the Year" and "Editor's Choice" awards, including from Google, Wired, Apple, IGN, 148Apps, and more.
- Nominated for 4 IGF awards and winner of the "Vision" award.
- Winner of "Best in Show" and "Fun/Compelling" at IndieCade.
- Selected for the PAX 10 and more.
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos... The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic... You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” -Slide To Play
5/5 stars - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game...”
“Osmos is a must-play...” -MTV Multiplayer
5/5 stars - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” -AppAdvice
“Brilliantly clever” -Co Design
Happy Osmoting! :)
Luke - 1969-12-31
GREAT GAME! I had a problem installing the app. Games support were fantastic and the game works perfectly now.
Gary - 1969-12-31
Best game of its type I've seen. Relaxing and fun. Runs perfectly on galaxy note. Edit: after long periods of play touchscreen controls become erratic. Time swipes stop working and instead are read as moving your mote. Very annoying. Will put back up to 5 stars if fixed.
Russ - 1969-12-31
I'm giving it a five star, but I hope you still read the review. Even on the galaxy nexus I'm getting a choppy graphical fps when the game gets intense or a lot of particles are involved. Loving the game all around it's truly a worm of art. The sounds and graphics working together makes this game so unique and fun.
Ben - 1969-12-31
Patience and relaxed concentration needed. Beautiful visuals and soundtrack. Great concept, brilliantly realized. Play the free demo, then try to resist buying the full app 15 minutes later.
Victor - 1969-12-31
This is by far one of the coolest games I have ever played on an android! Controls are simple and the objectives to beat each level are clear. The concept of "Absorb or be Absorbed" is executed brilliantly. The soundtrack is superb and really immerses you in the game with ambient aquatic sounds. I truly would recommend playing this game with headphones to further enjoy your gameplay experience. Game played using HTC EVO 3D
DARREN - 1969-12-31
Bad: eats battery, force closes once every few levels. Good: Slick game, nice to see something different as well. Works very well on a Samsung Galaxy S II (MIUI build).
steve - 1969-12-31
Ok this is another one of them games that has been so hyped up that you think you have to have it. Dont get me wrong. Its an ok game but not worth the money or the prase that its getting. The sound trax are quite chilled but can get anoying at times. Its an old skool game with a new skool twist. The maths are no different than the old Astroids or Diffender. Its not RELAXING at all. Once you get the hang of it you will be tapping away at the screen like it was the 100m in the old Track and Field. Lol. Hype ;
Kenny - 1969-12-31
Tried the demo and immediately bought the full version. Can't put it down. Excellent game. Do yourself a favor and buy it...NOW!
Zaf9670 - 1969-12-31
I beat this on my computer but this feels so natural and runs beautiful on my DROID X2
djRetroid - 1969-12-31
Awesome...just a very nice game. The music is awesome too! Just my thing :)
Filed Under: Arcade & Action