Add to favorites
Rating: 4.6 (610) Cost: $2.99 Downloads: 10,000 - 50,000
Play against AI
* Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
* Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
* Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
* Can undo/redo all moves
* Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
* Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
* On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
* Play on internet at freechess.org (FICS), at chessclub.com (ICC) or at JaqueMate.org
* Play as guest or as a registered user (on ICC or JaqueMate.org only as registered user)
* Seek/offer match rated and unrated
* View seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time
* Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options when playing
* Console to see server output and to send commands, also for chatting with other users
* Play, Finger and Observe, can also observe LectureBot on FICS or play ProblemBot/TrainingBot on ICC
* Examine games (works with puzzlebot or the “exl” command to examine your last played game)
* Timeseal (FICS) and Timestamp (ICC): avoids lag problems
* Premove option: You can introduce movements on your opponent's turn
* Option to confirm moves before sending to the server. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
* Supports wild chess variants: Atomic, Losers, Suicide and Chess960
* 2900 chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
* Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
Simple PGN browser, allows you to open PGN files from SD card or from your email
And with the Best Interface
* 2D/3D board
* Clean, simple and intuitive interface (options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
* Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
* Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
* Portrait and Landscape mode
* Shows legal moves (as yellow traslucid squares)
* Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
* Many piece sets and board styles
* Shows a dot on the side to move and can show board coordinates
* The material gauge indicates the material advantage using this piece values: Pawn=1 Knight=3 Bishop=3 Rook=5 Queen=9. Click on the gauge to show/hide the captured pieces difference
* Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks)
* Speak moves, checks and game results
* Different sounds for moves, captures and checks, also vibration
* Option to keep the screen on while playing
You can try the Ads version first
Mike - 2010-07-22
Works great, very competitive to play against, and I like the layout and graphics. Great job !!
Thomas - 2011-01-01
Great game!! Would like there to be classic time controls, but love the play AND the FICS support. Well done.
Nick - 2010-10-04
Fun to play, but sometimes makes awful moves even at highest level, and 'send game as pgn' doesn't work; files are blank.
mattg - 2010-09-27
Best money I've spent in a long time. Has improved my game and provided me with 100's of hours of entertaining games vs people online.
Tommy - 2011-02-03
Great app which I use for observing the main tourneys online on ICC. But, it needs a better way to search for the games you want to observe.
Vova - 2010-12-04
Bad interface...Hard to choose a person and there is no any kind of sort list. No GUI and ability to switch accounts easier. Uninstalled.
Michael - 2011-08-30
Definitely the best chess app I've used on android! Nice clean and easy to use controls and menus. Has the cleanest interface by far.
Sean - 2010-08-18
I like the App. However i am not comfortable playing it rated game cuz often im in the middle of a game waiting for an opponent to move indefinitely..
Jose - 2011-08-10
Awesome app and it keeps getting better with every update!
Grant - 2010-02-27
My favorite chess app. Love it. Definitely worth the dough. Why automatic queen upon pawn promotion? We need a choice there.
Filed Under: Brain & Puzzle