The Amazon Kindle App for Android has just been updated to a newer version after a long awhile. The new version has upped the Android app into version 3.1 and has quite a few changes brought in, specifically with regards to the app’s overall interface. The app also has a couple of new things in store for Android Honeycomb tablets running the app. According to the app’s change log, the following new features were introduced:
- New home experience with easy access to store
- Access book recommendations in your library
- In-app upgrade notifications
- Several bug fixes
These are in addition to previous features brought into version 3.0 the last time the app was updated:
- A new layout for newspapers and magazines designed for the unique interface of Honeycomb tablets, and dozens of other new enhancements to take advantage of the larger screens.
- Seamless integrated shopping experience tailored for Honeycomb tablets