I’ve always looked up to LinkedIn social network as the more mature and professional counterpart of Facebook. I mean, if you want an honest-to-goodness way of socializing and networking with business professionals, LinkedIn is the way to go. If there’s one indication that the Android platform is now maturing, the arrival of LinkedIn Android app has got to be one proof. Finally, the LinkedIn folks have released version 1.0 of the LinkedIn Android app. And guess what, it looks and works great. The LinkedIn Android app has been in test bed among select groups for several months now. And just to prove how professional they are, it took these long for LinkedIn to finally come out in the open. The fruits of those laboring months are all worth it the first time you fire up the app. The main menu screen of the LinkedIn app looks sleeks and dandy – giving you the 6 major features of the Android app – Updates, Connections, Invitations, Search, Reconnect, and Messages. Even the blue and white combination of the option icons on a black theme emits a very professional and business-like undertone to the app. Once you’ve selected any of the option, you’ll be brought to another screen, this time with an all-white background theme and the blue and black font color which is very similar to the look and feel of the LinkedIn website. This is of course all good in terms of branding. Plus the fact that the interface is very simple and straight forward – not distracting you with the main purpose of the app – which is to connect with your business contacts. A quick rundown of what the LinkedIn Android has to from the LinkedIn Blog:
- Updates. View and share crucial business intelligence and updates with your network. Perfect for those spare moments between meetings.
- Search. Search across over 100 million global professionals, and get the answer back in seconds. We’ve implemented a unified search across both your direct connections and the entire LinkedIn network.
- Connections. LinkedIn is your address book in the cloud. Get quick access to any of your connections to get their up-to-date profile information, and the ability to send them a message immediately.
- Invitations. Why wait to get back to your desk? Accept outstanding invitations immediately.
- Messages. Messaging is one of the reasons that Android owners love their devices, and we’ve worked hard to integrate your LinkedIn Inbox.
- Reconnect. You can’t leverage your network if you don’t build it. This module brings suggestions for new connections to you anytime. Now you can build your network from anywhere, in seconds.
LinkedIn Android app is available as a free download from the Android Market.