Sometimes, Apple’s “restrictive” policies for app submission on the App Store can be a blessing in disguise for Android. Take the case of this new location-based social networking app called Localicious. The app was developed by WhitePages.com who is not really making a first time submission to Apple. And so the developer decided to launch the app first on the Android Market. Localicious as mentioned in the title is a location-based social networking app and local search app rolled into one. It lets you find out what’s good in the hood.
By hood I mean, places nearby and within the same area as where you are right now. Localicious, unlike most location-based social networking apps and local search app does not give you places which are in the same “geographic” location as where you are right now. In a way it limits your search locally covering what’s in the neighborhood where you are right now. Although you can still see recommended places with geographic areas via additional option, Localicious will however give you nearby places within the neighborhood.
Additionally, Localicious also offers tips based on nearby places where people are check-in the most. Other features of the Localicuos Android app include
- Find the places you’re looking for fast with laser-focused neighborhood search.
- Auto detects your neighborhood to show the best popular businesses nearby.
- Realtime tips and hot spot alerts keep you updated on what’s happening in your ‘hood.
- Tap to map another neighborhood and explore across town or across the country.
- Foursquare users can pre check-in before arriving – just set it and forget it!