Pokemon Quest Downloaded 3.5 Million Times in First Week, Makes $3 Million for Nintendo

I already told you about Pokemon Quest in one of my previous articles, and today’s news is that since its launching a week ago, this game made a cool 3 million bucks for Nintendo, and it has been downloaded 3.5 million times. Pretty nice figures for a week’s work, don’t you think? Before you ask, we know these numbers courtesy of Sensor Tower, a marketing intelligence company of sorts. According to these guys, Pokemon Quest was downloaded a lot since its debut on June 27th. The sad news for my readers is that more than half of the revenue is due to iOS users, as App Store contributed with 56% of the 3 million dollars, while Google Play chipped in the rest of 44 percent.

This is a day that will live in infamy, right? Joke aside, it’s worth mentioning that a huge chunk of the $3 million smackaroos came (predictably) from Japan. It’s a known fact those guys are crazy about anything Pokemon related, and Japanese gamers made up for seventeen percent of global Pokemon Quest players on iOS, while contributing to forty percent of the revenue (also on iOS). Japanese Android users produced 22% of the revenue. Regardless of the platform, these are impressive figures, to say the least. It’s important to mention though that 3.5 million downloads are not the same thing as 3.5 million players. There are people with multiple accounts out there, you know.There are also users who stopped playing the game after the first 5 minutes and so forth and so on.

However, since Pokemon Quest is not your regular (as in traditional) Pokemon game, these figures are pretty astonishing, to say the least, considering that we’re talking about a game featuring a cubic design and a gameplay which is very similar to Minecraft (as in nothing new under the sun). But, according to what we’ve seen, this is not a bad thing. After all, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Source: Sensor Tower

Posted by

Comments

Start typing and press Enter to search

Asphalt 9: LegendsOld School RuneScape