Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi only) to get TouchWiz UI Update
Are you one of the few and proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1? Well, you’ll be glad to know that a much needed updated to your tablet’s TouchWiz UI is about to be rolled out by Samsung on August 5. And this update is going to be over-the-air. You don’t have to go to a specific place to have your device’s TouchWiz UI updated as what Samsung previously did with some Galaxy Tab 10.1 owners. To get the software update over-the-air, you must have an existing Samsung account tied up with your tablet. If you don’t have one yet, create an account now by simply going to your tablet’s Settings, select Accounts & Sync, and then tap on the “+ add account” option located at the top-right part of your Galaxy Tab’s screen. Once you have an account created, wait up for Samsung to roll-out the update and soon enough you’ll be enjoying the following new features of the TouchWiz UI:
- Live Panel: Magazine-like widget view for immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, photo gallery, all on the home screen. The visual layout of Live Panel is completely customizable for one-touch entry into each user’s most important information.
- Mini Mode Tray: One-touch access to commonly used applications—Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator, Music—which overlay in a pop-up window on display screen for powerful multi-tasking.
- Clipboard: Advanced copy & paste functionality allows Galaxy Tab 10.1 users to store photos, Web pages, YouTube links, etc., on the clipboard for easy sharing via email and social network sites.
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off Wi-Fi, notifications, sound, brightness and settings in lower right hand corner of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 display.
- Photo Editor: Rotate, crop and adjust colors on high quality digital images