Skyfire, which recently brough Flash-browsing to iPhone is releasing the latest version of its innovative mobile browser to Android phone owners. Skyfire 3.0 is available now and guess what? the browser has just become more social with the inclusion of Facebook Connect. With Facebook Connect, Skyfire users can now easily do their social networking activities right inside the Skyfire browser using Android phones. Streaming of videos shared by friends, quick news feed access, and an easier way of viewing the most popular “liked” articles on any site – are just some of the features you’d enjoy from using Skyfire on your Android phones. Skype 3.0 is seamlessly integrated with Facebook’s social graph and like button. Hence, you can quickly check your Facebook Page, like or share any content, see the most “liked” content, and view videos and other links on Facebook – easily. Here’s a quick rundown of what you should expect from Skyfire 3.0 if you decide to install it on your Android phones:
- Popular Content – You just finished reading a story on one of your favorite web sites and want to quickly decide what to read next. Click on the Popular button on the SkybarTM and instantly see what content on the site is most popular within the 500+ million user Facebook community. Recommendations from friends are prioritized and show up at the top of the list.
- Fireplace Feed Reader – A simple but addictive tool that provides a filtered list of your Facebook feed that only includes links to browsable web pages, images, and videos posted by your Facebook friends.
- Facebook Portal Integration – With a single touch you have access to your Facebook feed, profile and fast-growing location service Places.
- Facebook Like Button – Skyfire 3.0 puts the Facebook Like Button on EVERY PAGE of the Internet. No scrolling around searching for the button on the page, simply click on the Skybar Like Button to easily “like” or “unlike” the page you are viewing or to share the page with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- Skyfire OneTouch Search – Users enter a single search term and can choose to search Google, Facebook, VideoSurf, Digg, Twitter, or Amazon with a single touch and without having to navigate to separate sites.
And to give you an idea how Skyfire works, watch the video demo at the end of this post. Skyfire 3.0 is available now as a free download from the Android Market.