Already boasting of more 400,000 community members, thanks to an iPhone app – mobile social networking app Whrrl has recently introduced an Android version of the Whrrl app. In case you’re like me who has never heard of Whrrl before, let us just tell you that it’s a feature-rich social recommendation site powered by its community members.
Basically, Whrrl – the social recommendation service lets you get recommendations about fresh, new places to go and things to do. These come from your friends and other Whrrl users who happen to have similar passions, tastes and interests as you.
Bringing the Whrrl experience to Android phone users make it even more interesting, fun and useful. The Whrrl Android app sports a beautiful interface which is well thought of in terms of design and features.
In brief, here are the things you can do with the Whrrl Android app:
- Check in to places you go with total control over who you are going to share information with, and whether you’d share it via Facebook or Twitter. It also lets you add photos and notes to your check-ins, as well as tag others to share their own experiences.
- Check in and discover Societies, real world groups of people with the same passions, tastes and interests.
- Create recommendations for things to do at places you’ve been to.
- Get a chance to win free gas and earn other rewards with Whrrl’s partner merchants.
- Earn points for every check ins
- Get ideas from personalized recommendations made by other Whrrl users.
Whrrl Android app is great app if you’re a fan of this kind of service. If you use Foursquare and wanting to do more with your check ins, Whrrl offers up a better alternative. The ability to attach photos to check ins is definitely worthy feature. Whrrl